Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Ronald McDonald House

Ok, a little more about me. I sit. I don't have a problem sitting and I do it very well. I tend to get tired of just sitting so I taught myself how to crochet using a kids book, "Look, I Can Crochet" or something like that. That way, I can sit and spend time with Chris while he is watching whatever sporting event is on the TV at the moment but I can also accomplish something.

I crocheted more than 100 preemie hats and bootie sets. I crocheted a handful of toddler size hats and a few teen/adult size hats and sent them to Chris' parents in Lubbock, TX. They both volunteer at the Ronald McDonald house there. I got this great card in the mail yesterday and just wanted to share. What a great thing these people do for families who are struggling so. I can't imagine.

I need to start on more hats....



1 comment:

  1. That is so wonderful that you made all those booties and hats for families that need them! And what a sweet letter they sent you!!

    I was teaching myself how to knit yesterday, I used to know how to crochet, but it's been years! I wanna get crochet needles and start again!

    ReplyDelete