Monday, January 5, 2009

Santa Brought me a new SCRAP ROOM!!



I just love my man! He got me a wireless router for Christmas then helped me clean and rearrange the garage to I could turn it into my very own space. I have been working on it slowly but it is really coming along! I took a few pictures but still need to move my son's air hocky table and I need to finish laying the wood floor. I also "need" (LOL) more of those cool white storage cubes. I will keep updating the process until I am happy!

I had a 6ft long folding table that was to be my work area. Then after clearing things out I decided I had enough space for 2 of those, one as a work space and one for all my gadgets. I went and got another one and bought a canvas tab topped curtain in a slightly darker shade than the wall to create my table skirt. Don't want to have to look at those unsightly metal legs! LOL More like, "Oohh, another place to store things!!"

I made sure I moved a cable line out there -- that was REALLY important! I have been out in my new space for a week straight every night until at least 2a.m. working away! I LOVE my new space honey, thanks so much for the help! I know you've said you feel like I've moved out =) but I couldn't have done all of this without you! Love You!



This is my little scrapping buddy Blosomrose! I just LOVE her so much. She has been my constant companion now for 11 years! =)



This is now in a black scrapbook page frame and has a black and white photo on the white mat. Michael's had those cool frames on sale for $4.00 last weekend! I got 3!



Another thing to do with those empty Prima glass jars! Adds some storage and Lots of color! Fun huh?





This project was SO much fun! I bought a cheap white plastic clock at the dollar store and painted the rim, covered the face with MM 5th Avenue papers, and used my MM Slice to cut the numbers and shapes, glittered the numbers and the cute butterfly on the second hand. Rebuilt (hahaha) my little clock and just Love it in the room! I didn't think about the little butterfly too long and hard so for 30 seconds of every minute he flies upside down and backward. Oh well....

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dee,
    I just noticed that you had a blog. It's great. I love your craftroom. My hubby has promised me for 2 years to get my craft room finished in our basement. Not done yet. haha I'm using a spare room upstairs. Enjoy your room. Your blog is great!!!

    ReplyDelete