Monday, December 15, 2008

Candy Melts Dipped Dog Bones

Every Christmas my dogs give other dogs gifts. This year they are giving all of their furry friends Dipped Dog Bones in a super cute and easy paper crafting package. I thought I would share the process in case you needed to get some dog gifts together before Christmas.

First, gather your supplies/ingredients. Dog bones, colored candy melts, icing and tips, cooling/drying racks, fondue pot or two nesting pots to create a water bath.







Once your water is boiling and your top pot is nice and warm, pour in the candy melts. They are really soft and take very little time to melt. Stir until smooth.





Now for the FUN part! Start dipping those bones! I like to only cover about half the bone with the candy but if you want to cover the entire thing go right ahead. I just stick the bone down into the candy melts and use a spoon to help get an even coating. If the coating is too thick just tap the bone gently with the spoon until you like they way it looks. Even my son Mike likes to help!



Put the bones on the racks to harden. I like to leave mine overnight so I will be back tomorrow to show you how to personalize the bones for any occasion! Then, the really cute homemade packaging idea!



No comments:

Post a Comment