Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Empty Prima or Frappacino Bottles

Do you have empty glass Prima flower bottles? What about those cute little Frappacino bottles? It is a shame to just toss them out even if you recycle. Why not turn them into super cute, super easy treat jars? Valentine's Day is coming and these would make great teacher, co-worker, troop leader gifts! Just use scraps and empty bottles then fill them with Hershey Kisses! In the example I used leftover Valentine paper, glitter paper, Valentine ribbon, and a couple of Prima Flowers!

First, gather your supplies and some coordinating craft paint. I like to paint my lids but if you like them silver then you can bypass this step. I used irridescent glitter on the Valentine bottle lid to add some shimmer!




Next, measure your bottle and cut a strip of patterned paper to fit. You can make this piece as wide as you like, personally I like to view the contents of the jar. Next, cut a label from a solid or a coordinating paper. On the example I machine stitched around the label to add interest. Don't need to do that though. Cut out your letters, this one reads "Kisses" and tie on a ribbon. I cut out a small tag for the To: From: and I added 2 Flowers. Ta Da! See, too easy. Fill the treat jar with kisses or other goodies and you are good to go!







You can't forget the Puppies!! I created this treat jar to hold Small Milkbone Dog Bones. Again, choose your papers, measure, cut and adhere! Voila! Everyone will LOVE their Treat Jars and you've recycled a cute little glass bottle! Have Fun!


2 comments:

  1. Dee, These are super cute!! I think I might give this a try. TFS!

    ReplyDelete