Monday, December 22, 2008

Treat Topper

This is a quick easy way to create packaging for cookies, candy, little treats or toys to give as gifts. The package itself is a sandwich size ziplock baggie. You could also use a snack size baggie for smaller items but you will need to adjust the size of your paper topper so that it does not overwhelm your package.

I started with a solid red piece of textured cardstock cut in a 7" x 7" square. I scored the paper in the middle (3.5") to fold.






I used these dog themed Sizzix Sizzlets dies to decorate the topper. I cut the pieces out of different colored textured cardstock, pieced the dog's nose and inked the edges of all the pieces.



I also used 2 different patterned papers from last seasons DCWV Christmas Glitter Stack. The green patterned paper I cut 5" x 2 3/4" to leave a slight border around the 3 sides and a 2" border on the left for the word WOOF. I used SpellBinder Lg nesting scalloped circle dies in two different sizes to create the mat for the dog. I inked the edges of all. I used pop dots under the word WOOF and under the scalloped circles to add dimension.



Now, fill your ziplock with your goodies and close. Place the topper over the baggie and postion where you like. Use staples to complete and secure the topper to your baggie. How cute and how simple! Have fun! =)

1 comment:

  1. How super duper cute!!! I went back and read the past few posts on how to make the bones too! Thanks for sharing Dee!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete